What to Expect on Your First Visit
Visiting a new Doctor, of any kind, can be stressful. At Kvinsland Dentistry, we take the stress of the unknown out of the experience. Your new patient appointment will consist of two separate appointments. Breaking this into two appointments is at no extra cost to you. It is designed to give you extra time with the Doctor, as well as time for the Doctor to review records and insure the best care possible for you.
Your initial appointment:
Patient Records and Comprehensive Exam
Our qualified staff will work with you to gather any necessary patient records. This will likely include x-rays and intraoral photos. You will meet with Dr. Kvinsland and have a comprehensive exam. This exam will include determining what type of cleaning is best for you and an initial analysis of current or potential dental health concerns.
To cut down your waiting room time, please feel free to fill out our Patient Forms prior to your appointment and bring them with you.
Your second appointment:
Cleaning and Consultation
Our hygienist will provide you with the appropriate cleaning. Dr. Kvinsland will meet with you to discuss any needed dental health treatments and together you will assemble a dental health plan that will assist you in meeting your immediate and long term dental health goals.
- Each appointment will be approximately 1 hour in length.
- IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
Please assist us by providing the following information at your first appointment:
- Any X-rays (if applicable or available):
If your previous dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they be forwarded to our office. If time allows they can be sent, but in case of short notice please bring them with you. If additional x-rays are needed, they can be done in our office.
- A list of your current medical prescription(s)
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Names and locations of past dentists.
- Please alert our staff of any medical conditions that may be of concern prior to your visit (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) by calling us at 253.851.9171.