Correcting Tooth Discoloration
What is it and when is it appropriate?
- Tooth whitening can be used to correct teeth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, natural aging, or chemical damage to teeth.
- Our patients have experienced fantastic results with our tooth whitening treatment options.
- Dental whitening is a low cost treatment, so whitening using these bleaching technologies are nearly always worth a solid try.
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
Corrects brown, yellow and mottled tooth staining
- Works on people of any age, although Dr. Kvinsland usually will not whiten the teeth of children or young teenagers.
- Is a near permanent solution for a “dull” smile, restoring brightness and brings a smile alive.
- Extremely easy for the patient.
- Cost effective for the great benefits received.
What is the procedure?
- You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much you show when you talk and smile.
- We begin by taking molds of your teeth. Your custom whitening trays will be ready for you to pick up in a couple of days.
- A special whitening agent will be provided, you will put the agent into the clear trays. With only one to a few hours of wear per day, the whitening agent brightens your teeth without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way.
- When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile.
Common Concerns and Questions
There are over the counter bleaching agents available, however these products can produce uneven or inconsistent results. It is best to use professionally provided products.