Improving your Smile
Brighten your smile with Porcelain Veneers
What is it and when is it appropriate?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that bond directly to the front surfaces of the teeth. Dental veneers are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility.
What are the benefits?
Once bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin porcelain dental veneers are virtually undetectable. They are resistant to coffee, tea, and even cigarette stains. And if accidental breakage or damage occurs, it is usually possible to replace only the tooth’s veneer involved.
What is the procedure?
- Placing custom veneers requires a high degree of technical skill, as well as attention to cosmetic detail. Dr. Kvinsland and Dr. Skifstad have extensive experience with veneers.
- An exam appointment will be scheduled where you and the doctor will discuss your options.
- At your next appointment the doctor will lightly prepare your teeth for the veneers and take an impression. Then they will make you a custom provisional to wear while you are waiting for your veneers.
- The impression will be sent to the lab where they will fabricate your custom porcelain dental veneers.
- The final appointment will be to remove the provisional and bond the veneers into place.
Common Concerns and Questions
How long will veneers last?
Dental veneers require a good home oral health care routine, professional cleanings and checkups – the same as natural teeth. Just like with natural teeth, veneers should not be used to open and cut things. With this proper care, veneers can brighten your smile for well over a decade.