Protecting our Patients & Staff
State of the art infection controls and universal precautions are taken to protect clients and staff alike. The cornerstone in a good and safe healthcare relationship is trust – please feel free to discuss infection control topics with Dr. Kvinsland, Dr. Skifstad and the entire staff. You will receive a straightforward answer and patient/doctor confidentiality will always be maintained.
The Kvinsland Dentistry team follows procedures recommended by: The American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and local health departments.
These measures include:
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- State of the art sterilization of all equipment before each use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces, using ultrasonic cleaning and an autoclave. An autoclave is a device that kills bacteria and viruses using steam, heat, and pressure.
We have expanded our office procedures to include:
- Pre-visit health screening: our office will communicate with you prior to your appoint to ask health screening questions, these questions will be asked again upon your arrival.
- A non-contact forehead temperature will be administered when you enter the office.
- Hand sanitizer and/or hand washing is available upon your arrival.
- Toys and magazines are not offered at this time in our waiting rooms, due to difficulty in disinfecting.
- Appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients, and minimize wait times and reduce patients in the reception area.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. If you are ever concerned, please feel free to ask questions.