What to Expect on Your First Visit
Visiting a new doctor, of any kind, can be stressful. At Kvinsland Dentistry, we take the stress of the unknown out of the experience. Your new patient appointment will consist of two separate appointments, at no extra cost to you. It is designed to give you extra time with the doctor, as well as time for the doctor to review records and provide the best care possible.
Our entire team is dedicated to creating long term relationships with our patients.
When you walk in, you will immediately know that we are expecting you and happy you are here. Our initial appointments are designed specifically so you and your doctor can connect. Each appointment will be approximately 1 hour.
To cut down your waiting room time, please feel free to fill out our Patient Forms prior to your appointment and bring them with you.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
Please assist us by providing the following information at your first appointment:
- Your dental insurance information: we are happy to help you by submitting claims to your insurance when applicable.
- Any X-rays (if applicable or available): if your previous dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they be forwarded to our office. If additional x-rays are needed, we will take them at your appointment.
- A list of your current medical prescription(s).
- Names and locations of past dentists.
- Please alert our staff of any medical conditions that may be of concern prior to your visit (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) by calling us at 253.851.9171.
Your Initial Appointment: Records & Exam
Our qualified staff will work with you to gather any necessary patient records. This will likely include x-rays, models, and intraoral photos.
You will meet with Dr. Kvinsland or Dr. DeBuck and have a comprehensive exam. This exam will include determining what type of cleaning is best for your and an initial analysis of current or potential health concerns.
Your Second Appointment: Cleaning and Consultation
Our hygenist will provide you with the appropriate cleaning. Your doctor will then meet with you to discuss any needed dental health treatments and together you will assemble a dental health plan that will assist you in meeting your immediate and long-term dental health goals.