Services / Cosmetic, Prevention, & Restorative Care
At Kvinsland Dentistry, we believe bonded composite fillings are an excellent choice for repairing cavities and chipped or broken teeth when a crown or other treatments are not necessary. We are committed to your health and will never over-prescribe a treatment plan.
What is a Composite Filling and when is it appropriate?
- Bonded composite fillings can be used to repair a decayed or damaged tooth. In addition, we can use the material to build up a tooth structure when needed. Typically, decay is referred to as a cavity.
What are the benefits of Composite Fillings?
The composite bonding procedure is completed in a single visit. Using a composite filling is a conservative way of treating a tooth and preserving as much natural tooth structure as possible. We also match the natural shade of your teeth so that it blends well with the rest of your smile.
What is the procedure?
The bonding procedure is completed in a single office visit:
- Most often we prepare the area by getting the tooth numb and then we place a rubber dam to keep the tooth isolated and dry.
- We then remove decayed or broken tooth structures.
- A multi-step bonding material will then be placed followed by a resin composite filling.
- Finally, the tooth will be adjusted and smoothed leaving you with a natural looking tooth.
A Top Source for Composite Fillings in Gig Harbor, WA
Fillings are a very common dentist tool. Our family and pediatric focused dentists take immense pride in having a successful, trusting relationship. We focus on your long-term health and restoring your smile to its best. We want you to be confident and feel good about your teeth.
Get started today with our dental office. Schedule your dental visit today. 253.851.9171