Emergencies can happen
Hopefully you will never need an emergency appointment, but should a situation arise Kvinsland Dentistry is here for you.
Same day emergency dental care can encompass many situations, from tooth damage or broken dentures, to severe tooth pain, swollen gums and infections. Regardless of the situation, call us immediately.
Each emergency situation is different, our goal is to treat as much of the situation as possible the same day. If additional work is needed, you will have a clearly defined plan and a timeline. We strive to ensure that you leave feeling better.
Dental emergencies are never convenient—same day emergency treatment with Kvinsland Dentistry, when possible, will ensure that your problem is taken care of quickly, efficiently, and professionally.
Tips for Dealing with Dental Emergencies
Bitten Lip or Tongue
Gently clean the area with a clean cloth and apply a cold pack to reduce any swelling. If the bleeding doesn’t stop, visit the nearest hospital emergency room.
Broken or Knocked Out Tooth
Time is the most important determinate of a successful re-implantation of a tooth. Remain calm, follow these steps, and call us immediately:
If you have the tooth and it appears to be intact:
- You should attempt to insert it back into its socket and then contact us immediately.
- Rinse the tooth gently before inserting it.
- Try not to touch or remove any biologic material from the root surface.
- If you have difficulty re-inserting the tooth, place it in a glass of milk.
- Contact us immediately, after hours contact information will be on our message.
If the tooth is missing or shattered:
- Gather as many of the fragments of the tooth as you can, place it in a glass of milk, and call us immediately.
- If the tooth is missing, call us immediately.
If the tooth is chipped or displaced (crooked):
- Try to assess if the person can bite correctly.
- Always call to be on the safe side.