Services / Cosmetic, Prevention, & Restorative Care
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. They offer benefits that other tooth replacement options simply cannot match. With medical advances, the procedure is safe and completed with minimal discomfort.
A person who has lost a tooth or several teeth can regain the ability to eat virtually anything with implants. In addition, they can smile with confidence, knowing their teeth appear natural. The implants are tiny titanium roots, that the bone can grow around, creating a strong foundation for replacement teeth.
What are the benefits of Implants?
- Match Your Natural Teeth: An implant looks and functions exactly like a natural tooth. Not only will the dental implant match your natural teeth, but you won’t experience any slippage or alignment issues. Nobody will ever know it’s there.
- Prevent Bone Loss: When you lose teeth, you also lose bone mass in your jaw. Dental implants maintain jaw stimulation, which helps to prevent bone loss.
- Enable Natural Use: With a dental implant, you won’t need to remove any devices to speak or chew as normal. Dental implants allow you to go about your business as you always have with no disruption whatsoever.
- Easy Upkeep: While you don’t have to worry about cavities, it’s still important to care for your implant. Dental implants are easy to maintain! Brush and floss the way you do with your natural teeth! No special products are needed.
Are Dental Implants right for me?
What is the procedure?
- Dental Implants require a close working relationship between our dentists and our surgical specialists. We recommend several local surgeons and will actively help you select the best surgeon for your needs.
- The Dental Implant fixture is placed by the surgeon. This is done while the patient is sleeping or under local anesthetic. It is generally associated with only mild local discomfort lasting a few days.
- For the following 3-6 months the implant is allowed to stabilize, which means beneath the surface of the gums the jawbone will gradually fill around the implant. You should be able to wear a temporary crown or retainer and eat comfortably during this time.
- When the implant is stable, an impression is taken. Our Dentists work closely with our lab to design the final teeth structure that will be fitted to the Dental Implant.
A Top Source for Dental Implants in Gig Harbor, WA
When you are looking for a dental specialist in the Gig Harbor, Washington area, Kvinsland Dentistry is an excellent choice. Our dental office takes immense pride in having trusting doctor-patient relationships. We focus on your long-term health and restoring your smile to its best. We want you to be confident and feel good about your teeth.
Get started today with our cosmetic and family dentistry practice. Call today to schedule an appointment. 253.851.9171